Tired, Sunken Eyes
Sunken Eyes, Dark Circles and Heavy Eyelids
Sunken eyes, dark circles, and heavy eyelids are very common problems and can be emotionally distressing to many. Concern usually arises when you always look tired, despite adequate sleep, or feel that your upper eyelids or brows are heavy and droopy.
Sunken eyes, also medically known as the tear trough, are usually the result of ageing. As we age, the soft tissue under the eyes starts to lose volume naturally. This may result in dark circles appearing on the area between the lower eye and upper cheek. Also, the cheekbones and eye socket bones start to recede over time, resulting in a loss of bony support for the skin. A loss of collagen and elastin also contributes to skin laxity that can lead to fine lines and wrinkles as well as causing drooping eyelids.
Because the eye contour is so thin and delicate, it is very susceptible to break down especially to sun damage. The skin becomes thin and frail, eye lids are droopy and hollowness causes a shadow or dark circle appearance under the eyes. Therefore it is imperative to stay diligent about sun protection throughout your life to delay the ageing process around the eyes.
Other factors such as smoking, lack of sleep, dramatic weight loss and dehydration also contributing to sunken eyes, these contribution factors can be managed through a healthy diet and lifestyle.
At The Lime Tree Clinic, we offer a number of different treatments to rejuvenate the eye area. A thorough consultation with our expert cosmetic practitioner is essential to establish a personalised treatment plan to suit your skin needs, which may include a few different types of treatment.
- Using radiofrequency to tighten the skin and stimulate production of collagen
- Medical grade skin needling treatment with precise penetration depth which can be used for stimulating collagen production, improving fine lines and wrinkles and help with overall skin rejuvenation and tightening
- To stimulate healthy collagen and smooth out uneven skin texture around the eyes
- Using natural, injectable substance that works to restore volume around the eyes to reduce the appearance of dark under eye circles and hollowness
- Using advanced surgical sutures, your brows can be lifted, reducing the heaviness, and giving a fresher look
If you are tired of looking older than your years because of your sunken eyes, then contact us for a free, no obligation consultation with our expert cosmetic practitioner to determine a suitable treatment for you. Our team at The Lime Tree Clinic in Nedlands is highly experienced in rejuvenation around the eye area and will give you the best advice and treatment tailored to your needs.