CAUSES AND SYMPTOMS
ACNE SCARRING AND ACTIVE ACNE
Almost everyone has had acne at some stage in their life. Constant breakouts can cause unsightly spots, unbalanced skin pigmentation and scarring that can have serious impact a person’s self-confidence and their social life. Often, their performance at school and at work is also affected.
Acne is a skin condition predominantly caused by hormonal fluctuations in the body. An increase in hormone production can cause the oil glands to plug more often, leading to a build-up of P. Acne bacteria in the blocked pores, resulting in skin inflammation and micro-abscesses. Using the wrong skincare products can further provoke the formation of acne. Finding the right skincare products and treatment can be overwhelming at times, especially without guidance from a professional.
If you are looking for an effective acne solution with professional medical treatment, you can get it both at The Lime Tree Clinic!
There are many forms of treatment available for acne and the right solution for you will depend on the depth, type, and characteristics of your acne. Also the treatment for active acne versus old scarring and discolouration are different. At The Lime Tree Clinic, our aim of treatment is to heal acne, stop the formation of new acne, prevent scarring, treat existing scars and help you regain control of your skin. Our cosmetic practitioner will thoroughly assess your skin and discuss your concerns, prior to developing a tailored treatment plan specifically for your needs.
Our range of treatments includes:
- Non-invasive light therapy that penetrates deep into the skin to kill P. Acne bacteria, regulate sebum production and stimulate new collagen to flatten acne scars
- Comfortable, warming treatment using laser to destroy P. Acne bacteria, reduce new breakouts, calms the skin and reduce redness
- Bespoke medical-grade peels to target acne-prone skin, target clogged pores, eliminate skin imperfections and encourage collagen production for treating acne scars
- Medical grade skin needling to address deep scars, promote circulation, reduce clogged pores and help restore skin damage and pigmentation
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
- Skin rejuvenation treatment using your own blood to stimulate the production of collagen, heal acne scarring and restore youthfulness
Medical Grade Skin Care Acne Treatment Range and Medik8
- After a consultation with our medical doctor, prescription only medicine and specially formulated creams are available to target the different problems of acne prone skin. We also stock award winning Medik8 skin care products, both professional and home care range, to compliment your personalised acne treatment plan.