Causes and Symptoms
Sun Damaged Skin
Sunlight brings many benefits to our health as it helps to manufacture vitamin D and improve our sense of well-being. However ultraviolet rays in sunlight cause damaging effects to the skin. It also triggers the production of melanin, the pigment responsible for freckles, melasma, age spots and uneven skin tone. Long-term exposure to the sun will decrease skin elasticity, leading to the formation of fine lines, wrinkles, and premature loose skin.
Sun protection will help to reduce the risk of sun damage, however for pre-existing sun damage, The Lime Tree Clinic has effective treatments and products to reverse this and restore your skin’s health.
The right treatment is always dependent on the skin type, the extent of damage, its cause and the skin’s overall condition. Our range of treatments includes:
- A non-ablative treatment using light energy to remove freckles, redness, dark spots and uneven texture caused by sun damage. It is an ideal treatment for the full face, décolletage and the hands
- A comfortable non-ablative treatment using laser energy to treat redness, inflammation, uneven skin tone without injuring the top skin layer. It also helps to stimulate collagen production to smooth out fine lines and wrinkles whilst thickening thin, sun damaged skin.
- Injectable gel specifically designed to fill out the skin directly, ideal for filling fine lines and deep wrinkles, as well as hollow or sunken areas of the face
- Muscle relaxing, anti-wrinkle injection to prevent and treat fine lines and wrinkles
- Bespoke medical-grade peels to repair sun-damaged skin, irregular skin pigmentation as well as promote cell renewal to repair superficial scars
- Professional in clinic treatment with home care kit that aims to depigment the skin from inside out, removing dark patches and uneven pigmentation for a brighter, smoother and more even complexion
- Performance drip, packed with antioxidants, anti-inflammatory contents and whitening ingredients, which can be used as standalone treatment to prevent excessive pigmentation or be complemented with other treatments to enhance depigmentation
Medical grade cream
- A doctor-prescribed cream, which contains concentrated Vitamin A and other depigmentation ingredients, can reduce wrinkles, fine lines, rough skin and pigmented skin
- Only available after consultation with our medical doctor at The Lime Tree Clinic
Whatever your sun damage concerns, you are eligible for a free, no obligation consultation with our expert cosmetic practitioner. Our team at The Lime Tree Clinic is highly experienced in treating sun damage and will give you the best advice and treatment tailored to your needs.